Key Phone Numbers and Documents
- CPOMS for teachers
- Make a referral to Children's Services - 0161 253 5678
- Children's Services Out of Hours - 0161 253 6606
- LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) - 0161 253 6168 or email email@example.com
- Interagency Referral Form
- Bury Integrated Safeguarding Partnership
- St Paul's CE Primary School out of hours safeguarding reporting email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies and Guidance
- Government Guidance
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
- Yes, it could happen here.
- Safeguarding is for everyone.
- Little things matter - remember the jigsaw puzzle!
- Always ensure children's wellbeing
- Act quickly! Speak to a DSL - straightaway!
- Record carefully and fully - time, day, date, who, what, when, where - records child's voice directly; no leading questions.
- Follow up afterwards
What to do if you have a concern about a child
- Act quickly
- Ring school 0161 764 3788 and say you need to speak to someone about a safeguarding concern
- Speak to the DSL (Designated Safeguarding Leader) - Mr Purdey or a DDSL (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leader) - Mrs Morris. If noether of these staff are in school, you may also speak to Miss North or Mr Atkinson. These 2 members of staff are also DDSLs.
- Staff: create a CPOMS entry. If necessary, call or speak to a DSL. Not got a number? Phone someone who does.
- If you need to seek advice or make a referral yourself, and a DSL cannot be contacted, then you must phone 0161 253 5678 Out of hours phone 0161 253 6606. In an emergency, phone 999. This document is really helpful, too – it walks you through the process step by step.
When should I call the Police?
You may find this document useful.
Click here to visit our Helpful Resources Page for more information about safeguarding.